American BioOptics has been featured on three Chicago News Stations. Each station highlighted ABO’s novel optical technology as a potential solution for early colon cancer screening and detection.
- June 29, 2006
- New Colon Cancer Screening Not A Pain In The Rear Chicago NBC5 News
- April 5, 2007
- Lighting up cancer: Experimental test for colon cancer Chicago ABC 7 News
- August 4, 2006
- New technology could detect colon cancer earlier Chicago CBS2 News
Local technology groups have also taken notice. In February 2007, the Illinois Technology Development Alliance invited American BioOptics to its popular Monday Morning Meeting, attended by more than 100 investors, entrepreneurs, public officials, and other parties interested in new start-ups.
- February 2007
- American BioOptics Targets Colon Cancer Screening Illinois Technology Development Alliance Tech Alert Newsletter
In March, American BioOptics received pre-seed funding from the Illinois Technology Enterprise Center at Northwestern University (ITEC-Evanston). This organization acts as a partnership between Northwestern University and the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity to provide technology commercialization assistance services relevant to the formation, growth and retention of early-stage technology companies in Illinois.
- March 8, 2007
- ITEC pre-seed fund makes award to American BioOptics Northwestern University